Sunday, January 3, 2010

Greg Shahade's GOTY Picks



Hello everyone, below are my guesses for the order of the top twenty games. Please note that I made these selections before any judges made their rankings and proved this by sending them to Arun Sharma several days ago so if I happen to get all twenty games exactly correct, it's because I'm a huge genius, not because I cheated. Also realize that these are simply my predictions, not the order that I would place the games if I was a judge.

Also I completely agree with Arun in that this year's contest is more up in the air as usual. I can find very few games that I give no chance of coming in the top five. Also I really have no clue which game will win, and I feel like there at least ten games that could legitimately win the prize. One thing that's for sure is that with all the question marks and the top level judges, the contest should be especially exciting this year.




20th Place: SM Marc Esserman (BOS) vs FM Tom Bartell (PHI) 1-0
Article



19th Place: GM Gregory Serper (SEA) vs IM Jan van de Mortel (CHC) 1-0 Article



18th Place: IM John Bartholomew (DAL) vs GM Julio Becerra (MIA) 1-0 Article



17th Place: IM John Bartholomew (DAL) vs IM Jan van de Mortel (CHC) 0-1 Article



16th Place: GM Alejandro Ramirez (ARZ) vs GM Joel Benjamin (NJ) 1-0 Article



15th Place: FM Andrei Zaremba (QNS) vs SM Marc Esserman (BOS) 1-0 Article



14th Place: IM Dean Ippolito (NJ) vs GM Pascal Charbonneau (NY) 1-0 Article



13th Place: IM Jan van de Mortel (CHC) vs GM Jaan Ehlvest (TEN) 1-0 Article



12th Place: IM Daniel Fernandez (DAL) vs FM Oleg Zaikov (CAR) 0-1 Article



11th Place: GM Jaan Ehlvest (TEN) vs GM Alejandro Ramirez (ARZ) 1-0 Article



10th Place: FM Victor Shen (NJ) vs IM Marc Esserman (BOS) 1-0 Article



9th Place: GM Giorgi Kacheishvili (NY) vs GM Larry Christiansen (BOS) 1-0 Article



8th Place: GM Josh Friedel (SF) vs IM Marko Zivanic (DAL) 1-0 Article



7th Place: GM Pascal Charbonneau (NY) vs IM Dean Ippolito (NJ) 1/2-1/2 Article



6th Place: SM Marc Esserman (BOS) vs FM Ron Simpson (CAR) 1-0 Article



5th Place: GM Julio Becerra (MIA) vs GM Giorgi Kacheishvili (NY) 0-1 Article



4th Place: GM Boris Gulko (NJ) vs FM Oleg Zaikov (CAR) 1-0 Article



3rd Place: NM Matt Herman (NY) vs FM Daniel Naroditsky (SF) 1-0 Article



2nd Place: GM Julio Becerra (MIA) vs GM Josh Friedel (SF) 1-0 Article



1st Place: GM Giorgi Kacheishvili (NY) vs GM Josh Friedel (SF) 1-0 Article

No comments: