Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wildcard Game #5



Wildcard #5: GM Jaan Ehlvest (TEN) vs IM Rogelio Barcenilla (ARZ) 1-0


Arun Sharma: I believe I made a mistake when I didn't rank this game in Week 4, and perhaps it should have even won the prize that week. I recall when looking at it originally, it seemed quite messy, and I made the incorrect assessment that it wasn't well played. It seems I was definitely wrong as there were actually very few mistakes, and it clearly had its exciting moments. As such, I think it's a very worthy Wildcard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank god this story came along so that we don't have to look at that dude with the shades anymore

Anonymous said...

terrible game imo cant believe it was picked as wildcard. only reason barcenilla lost was cuz he blundered.

Robby said...

I am also surprised the game got picked, though admittedly, I have not ranked what I would say are the top wildcard games to take its place. Rogelio actually was just equal and made one mistake and it was over. The game was not all that exciting to be honest.