Thursday, December 18, 2008

Wildcard Game #6



Wildcard #6: FM Bruci Lopez (MIA) vs GM Gregory Serper (SEA) 1-0


Greg Shahade: It didn't take too long to pick this as my second WildCard game. I was extremely close to choosing it the first time around, and once I saw it was still available it became the natural choice. Lopez simply played a very nice game against a very strong opponent. It was a complex and interesting game, and Lopez found some nice shots such as 26. c6. Also helping this game was the lack of any extremely serious mistakes by either side.

By the way just a quick note that I feel bad for Serper. He has won many games in the USCL, yet it seems that almost every one of his losses ends up in the Game of the Year contest. I think he now has about five losses that have made the contest compared to zero wins.

No comments: